The Power (Gone Series RP)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]It all went down the exact same way. Perdido Beach, a small town ooziing with radiation without anyone's knowledge. Then they FAYZ came and everything changed.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Walk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Lidium sighed as she walked through the Town Plaza. A few months ago, she would have been enjoying it. Just walking either by herself or with her father and just talking, now it was dead it seemed. Windows smashed, cars wrecked. It hurt her inside to see how it looked currently. She missed how everything was before The FAYZ happened. She was happy that they did still have electricity, without her music, she’d be very dead. Her music helped calm her and it was one of the ways she avoided cutting herself.

She continued to walk, with one headphone in her ear, as she looked around at some of the kids, fighting over stupid things or not even laughing one bit. She missed hearing the laughter of children or parents scolding because they did something wrong. She was scared though, her fifteenth birthday was coming up soon and she was scared of the poof, she wanted to avoid it, but there was a tiny part of her that wanted to poof, to get away from all of this. The suffering, both mentally and physically. Maybe the poof was a way to heaven?

Lidium sat down on a patch of grass under a tree and looked at her arm, she very gently ran her fingers over the fresh cuts, the healing ones and the scars. People would soon enough find out, and she wanted to avoid that as well, but maybe it would help her… or make her try to kill herself. She wasn’t suicidal, she was just tired of feeling numb at times. She rested her head against the tree as she put in her other headphone and let the music fill her empty mind.
Back to top Go down
http://perdidobeach.proboards.com/
Ray Stryder

Ray Stryder

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Raimundo wandered through the town quite aimlessly. Freaks, all of them, something needed to be done. It was all about that freak lover Richard, everyone loved Richard, everyone worshipped Richard. Pathetic... People were forgetting their morals! These mutants were dangerous and real, people needed to start realising that and start taking a stand! He'd make everyone realise, they'd see, Richard was just sucking up to these freaks so he could use them, but they'd destroy him. Ray had warned him, if the mutants turned on everyone, Ray would feel no sympathy whatsoever. Then there was the situation of himself. What if he had mutated? In ways he hadn't discovered? If he was a freak? How would he deal with that? Doubtful, he'd probably get the lamest power ever anyway...

Ray shrugged, he held his palms out in front of him, he might as well give this a try. Activate!!, he thought, pushing an invisible force with his palms. Half-Expecting lightning to come out of his hands like something from Star-Wars, Ray stepped back. But nothing happened. He felt stupid, of course he didn't have a power, idiot...

Ray continued down a road, he noticed a girl sat under a tree, her eyes closed, a headphone in each ear. She was completely in her own world, not even noticing what was going on around her. Freak or Normal? It was a question he often asked himself when looking at a person. Judging by this girl, as she was cutting herself off from the rest of the world, he'd say she was definitely hiding something. He walked over to her, kicking her foot lightly to get her attention.

"Tell me, what's a girl like you doing out all alone at this time of day?" Raimundo asked with a harsh smile.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Lidium jumped slightly as she felt someone kick her foot. She looked up at see a boy about her age standing there. She took her headphones out of her ears as she heard him talk to her, “I felt the need to just sit out here by myself, one of the few connections I have to… well before all hell broke loose.” She said. Liddy noticed his harsh smile, which frightened her slightly. He didn’t seem as if he was bad, just not as good as some of the other kids. Maybe he was from Coates, she though, but not all Coates kids are bad. She let that thought trail for a few moments.

She ran a hand through her hair then crossed her arms in front of her chest, hiding the scars and cuts. She’d had practice at holding your arms just right so that you are hiding your forearm, but not looking unnatural. She looked up at this boy again, “And what’s a boy like you doing out all alone at this time of day?” she asked him, playing off his words. Her and her father used to do that quite often.

Lidium uncrossed her arms as she shoved her iPod into her jean’s pocket, then crossed her arms again. She wasn’t getting good vibes from this guy, therefore she had little desire for him to notice that she was cutter. She wondered for a moment if there was anyone else out there who much like herself had a stupid addiction and had no way of figuring out how to stop it before it got even worse.
Back to top Go down
Ray Stryder

Ray Stryder

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Ray smiled as she put a play on his words, so at least she had a sense of humour. He glanced around, no one else was in this part of town, odd. Ray felt intimidating and significant standing up whilst she was sitting down. He shrugged and sat down opposite her, getting a closer look at her from eye level. He started toying with his Zippo Lighter, flicking the cap so it opened and closed again, e did this several times, watching the spark of flame closely each time. He wasn't a smoker, not at all, nor did he do drugs, the lighter was all that remained of his father, who was a smoker. The lighter was the last remaining memory he had. His dad had 'poofed' whilst lighting a cigarette. So, he had kept the lighter. A pretty cool lighter too, silver with a shark's jaws around the cap to make the whole lighter look like a shark.

His focus returned to the girl, she had asked him a question.
"I'm not really popular elsewhere..." he said with a forced laugh and changed the subject as smoothly as he could, "I'm Ray... Ray Stryder..."
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Lidium smiled as he sat down opposite her. She watched him play with his lighter a few times, and she wondered if she was a smoker or did drugs, like a lot of the kids were doing. She was never one for drugs, not something she wanted to try. She looked at him as he told her he wasn’t really popular elsewhere. She smiled at him as he changed the subject, quickly but smoothly. Ray, the name was familiar to her, but she didn’t know many people and didn’t have many friends.

She put her hand out for him to shake, “I’m Lidium McQueen. Nice to meet you Ray.” She said, with her signature smile. Not the one that she would hide behind, but a genuine smile that not many were able to see. Ray was one of the first people to actually start up a conversation with her.

Back to top Go down
Ray Stryder

Ray Stryder

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Ray chuckled and sarcastically shook her hand, no need to be formal in the FAYZ. He flicked his lighter a few times, open, close, open, close, he left it open and then lit it, he sat, watching the flame flicker for a good ten seconds, it was almost hypnotic, he then closed the cap again. Turning his attention back to Lidium with a smile, t'was a strange name, Lidium, sounded like Lithium, the element. Well, he was one to talk, what kind of a name was Raimundo?

He held the lighter tightly in his hand, it was all he had left. He still had his house, a house of empty memories, there was something about the lighter though, it was like he was drawn to it. His stomach complained, he was hungry, something he would have to get used to.
"Are you scared?" Ray asked, referring to the FAYZ, but to her it could have meant anything.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Lidium looked down at her arm as he asked if she was scared, “I’m scared of a lot of things,” she said, "I'm scared of what's going to happen to us." which was very true. She was scared that her addiction would become worse, scared of the “poof”, scared of what the town was going to become, scared of death, “There’s lots of things to be scared of.” She said as she heard his stomach complain. She was also scared of the hunger that would be coming…soon. Food was running out, there was no denying that.

Lidium looked back up at him, “What about you? Are you scared?” she asked. She watched him flick his lighter over and over again. Maybe it was the only thing that was keeping him sane, that lighter. Lidium was sure she passed the insane mark when she kept cutting even after The FAYZ had started.

Back to top Go down
Ray Stryder

Ray Stryder

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:45 pm

Ray nodded, he agreed with her on the points she made. He was scared of a lot of those things too, but did he show it? Pfft... No! He had to put on a brave face and wait to be rescued like everyone else. Depending on whether or not rescue was coming.
"I'm scared of Freaks..." Ray said with a glint of hate in his voice, "They're dangerous..." He said, screwing up his nose and flicking his lighter again, staring at the flame.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Lidium looked away from him as he told her freaks were dangerous. She was freak, in more than one way. Was she dangerous? No, no she wasn’t. She was dangerous to herself, but that’s about it. Her Power wasn’t at all harming to anyone. It was helpful to her and others as well. Lidium uncrossed her arms, not caring whether or not he saw, “Not all freaks are dangerous.” She said quietly.

She sighed as she ran her hand through her hair again, combing out some of the knots in it. “Why do you think freaks are dangerous? I mean, has one actually tried to hurt you? Or do you not like the fact that a freak is running the town?” she asked honestly, meaning to think the last bit, “Sorry, that was rude of me.”

Back to top Go down
Ray Stryder

Ray Stryder

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:09 am

Ray raised an eyebrow, a freak was running the town? Of course! Richard! He was a freak, just like he had suspected. He snapped the lighter shut, why was she so defensive of freaks? Was she a freak? If she was he'd better be careful, he didn't want to end up the first dead kid of the FAYZ. He toyed with his lighter, he was always told not to play with fire, but who was here to scold him now? Richard? Pfft... Richard could go to hell, freak loving, power hungry moron...

"We don't know what freaks can do, what freaks will do... We should all be cautious..." He said, staring into the flame of his lighter once more.
Back to top Go down
Lidium McQueen

Lidium McQueen

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Lidium sighed and shook her head, he was either very stupid or skilfully ignoring the fact that she herself may be a freak, “Cautious? What are they going to do? Kill you in your sleep?” she said, “Not all of them are power hungry, some of them are just as afraid as the Normals are. Freaks have feelings, they’re scared.” She said.

“I’m a freak you know, I seldom use my ability! And guess what? I’m a freak in more than one way, I have been since my mother died, and I’m not entirely sure if I can ever be ‘normal’ again!” she said, glaring at him, hoping to send a message to this guy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Walk Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Walk   A Walk Empty

Back to top Go down

A Walk
Page 1 of 1